Site icon

Uganda Confirms Three New Ebola Cases, Bringing Total to Five

May 23 (Reuters) – ⁠Uganda ⁠said on ⁠Saturday that three ​new Ebola ‌cases had been ‌confirmed ⁠there, ⁠taking the total of confirmed cases ​to five.

The new cases ​include a Ugandan driver ⁠who transported ⁠the ⁠country’s first ​confirmed case as well ​as ⁠a health worker who was ⁠exposed to the virus while taking care ⁠of the same person, the Health Ministry said in a statement.

A Congolese woman was ⁠the third new case.

(Reporting by Shubham Kalia in Bengaluru; ​Editing by ​Kevin Liffey)

Copyright 2026 Thomson Reuters.

Photos You Should See – April 2026

Exit mobile version